These pastes come in so handy for a fuss free, quick meal! Step by step instructions can be found at the back of the packets, making it very user friendly and suitable even for beginner cooks! And the good thing I really like about this pack is that one box consists of 4 different kinds of paste and this enables me to whip up a variety of meals!
The Ready-to-Cook pastes are retailing for S$6.50 per pack except Mee Rebus which is priced at S$6.80.
I decided on the curry chicken as I happened to have a craving for this and curry chicken has always been my all time favourite dish.
Basically, the above are the ingredients I used for this whole dish.
According to the instructions, I marinated the chicken with the curry paste for around 30 minutes to an hour.
Added some oil into the hot wok, cut the potatoes and pan fried them for a while till golden brown.
Added the lemon grass, the chicken and Kara coconut milk. (I used Kara brand because I think it is more fragrant than many other brands)
Added some water and mixed everything under medium heat. Simmer for around 20 minutes or until chicken is soft and tender.
Here's my bowl of Chicken Curry!!!
My verdict: Coming from the bottom of my heart, this chicken curry is really delicious and very tasty! It is also spicy enough for my liking. I can take and love spicy food, so this is really good for me. I have also tried other curry pastes before and I can now say that this is really one of the best I've come across and I recommend this to everyone who wants to cook this dish!!! This bowl of curry was emptied and finished to the very last drop, that's how AWESOME it is =))))
Here's my detailed recipe for those who are interested.
INGREDIENTS: (Serves 2)
- 3 chicken drums, 1 chicken thigh (or around 450g chicken)
- 2 potatoes
- 2 stalks of lemongrass (chopped and bruised)
- 1 packet of Toast Box Curry Paste
- 150ml Kara Coconut Milk
- 200ml water
- Marinate chicken with curry paste for around 30 mins to an hour
- In a hot wok, add some oil and pan fry potatoes till golden brown.
- Add in the chicken, lemongrass, coconut milk and water.
- Stir and mix everything well under medium heat.
- Simmer for around 20 minutes or until chicken is soft and tender.