Results turned out good, very yummy and it's quite a fuss free dish. Surprised that HCP can execute this dish relatively well :)
I found this recipe online and made a few adjustments here and there and here's my version of the HCP Claypot Rice!
RECIPE FOR CLAYPOT RICE USING HCP
2 chicken thighs (deboned)
2 chinese sausages (remove outer skin and cut into slices)
5-7 shitake mushrooms (soaked and sliced to big pieces)
A handful of vegetables (roughly chopped) (I used Bok Choy)
1 cup rice
Chicken Broth and some water
2 cloves garlic (minced)
A few slices ginger
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp dark soya sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp hua diao wine
1 tbsp corn flour
1/2 tbsp sugar
Few slices ginger
- Marinade chicken with seasonings for at least 1 hour
- In pan, add oil, fry garlic and ginger for around 10-15 seconds
- Add shitake mushrooms and vegetables, saute with a dash of oyster sauce for about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove vegetables and mushrooms onto another plate.
- Wash and rinse rice. Place washed rice in HCP over medium fire and pour chicken broth and some water until the liquid covers the rice. Close HCP for about 5-8 minutes or until rice absorbs most of the liquid, but still a little moist.
- Place marinated chicken, chinese sausages, vegetables and mushrooms on top of rice, spread evenly.
- Close HCP and simmer under low fire for another 5-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice has absorbed all the water.
- Serve with chili, fried shallots, dark soya sauce.