Got this wonderful recipe from Jamie Oliver and modified it abit cuz I don't have some of the ingredients the original recipe yields for. Tried both the oven and also slow cooker style. Both tastes just as great!!!
One whole chicken
1 bulb garlic
Sprinkle of sage or Italian herbs
Vegetables of choice (I used carrots, potatoes. Can add french beans and others too)
1/2 slab Butter
- Wash chicken thoroughly and sprinkle salt all over.
- Melt butter in pan and pan fry chicken till brownish. (not to be fully cooked)
- Remove chicken from pan and put into baking dish.
- Place cut vegetables in baking dish.
- In baking dish, place garlic, lemon zest and slices of lemon and all over chicken.
- Pour milk over chicken.
- Preheat oven at 200 degree celcius and bake chicken for 1-1.5 hours.
- Ready to serve when chicken is all tender. (Poke with knife to test)
For slow cooker version, instead of placing chicken and all other ingredients in baking dish, place all in slow cooker instead. Slow cook on HIGH for at least 6 hours.