Got inspired by reading one of the recipes online and modified this great tasting pasta! Sunkissed tomatoes, aka sundried tomatoes adds so much flavour to the pasta. The miso stock gives this dish an extra boost and further escalated the flavours!
If you love pasta and don't want something as sweet as tomato based pasta and looking for something more flavourful than simple aglio olio, this would be an AMAZING recipe for you!
RECIPE FOR Miso Sunkissed Tomatoes Pasta with Basil
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- Spagetti, boiled with salted water and cooked till al dente
- 4 cloves garlic (coarsely chopped)
- Bacon (sliced into small pieces)
- Handful of basil leaves (shred leaves into bits and remove stems)
- 6-8 pieces of sunkissed tomatoes with olive oil
- Half bowl of chicken stock with 1 tbsp of red miso paste (stir together with a little bit of warm water)
- Salt and black pepper
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Italian herbs
- Fry garlic, sunkissed tomatoes and bacon in pan. Add a little bit more olive oil if not enough.
- Add the bowl of chicken stock + miso paste
- Toss in cooked pasta and stir everything, mix well.
- Add basil leaves and continue stirring till basil leaves are wilted.
- Season with salt and black pepper (I omitted salt because the dish was already very flavourful, added lots of pepper instead)
- Dish out.
- Add some grated mozzarella cheese over dish and a few dashes of Italian herbs seasoning. (this seasoning smelled wonderful)
This is the sunkissed tomatoes i bought (from Cold Storage):
- Enjoy it :)
* The original recipe calls for some milk but I left this out, however, dish still tastes very good.
* You may add mushrooms and more ingredients if you wish.