Find me on Instagram @ ilovedawn00

Monday, December 15, 2014

[Recipe] Stir-fried Basil leaves with minced pork

Every time when I visit Thailand, I will always order this dish because it's simply yummy and it's found almost everywhere in Thailand.

I've seen the hawkers and food vendors whipping up this dish before my eyes and I thought it wasn't too difficult to cook this and so, I tried it for myself.



RECIPE FOR Stir-fried Basil leaves with minced pork


INGREDIENTS:
300g minced pork
Handful of Basil leaves, pluck away the stems (bought from the chilled section at Cold Storage)
Some small red chili (cut and sliced)
1.5 tbsp fish sauce (adjust to taste)
1 tbsp oyster sauce (adjust to taste)
1/2 tbsp sugar (adjust to taste)
1 tsp dark soya sauce
4 cloves garlic (minced)

METHOD:
- Heat up wok with some vegetable oil.
- Add garlic, chili and some salt, fry till garlic turns brown.
- Add in minced meat and use spatula to separate them into bits.
- Add in fish sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, dark soya sauce, sugar, stir well and mix evenly.
- Add in basil leaves last and stir a while more till leaves are wilted.
- Serve.

*Best served with rice. This dish is commonly served with a sunny side up too, I ran out of eggs so I excluded this today. Can also add some long beans and stir fry together if you wish.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...